October 29-November 1, 2019 | Chicago, IL
Widely recognized as one of the most comprehensive professional
development programs available, ACCP: The Forum is an
interactive two and a half day program targeted toward corporate
citizenship professionals with limited experience.
During this intensive, two and a half day workshop, you will gain understanding of topics such as:
- the strategy of giving
- employee engagement
- signature programs
- cause branding & cause marketing
- matching gift campaigns
You will participate in a hands-on exercise building a
contributions program from scratch. You will practice making key
decisions about the structure and what to include. You will also
receive comprehensive materials covering the basics for planning and
managing an effective corporate contributions program.
Following rigorous educational sessions, you will have time to
relax in the evening at several networking events held at local venues.
These events offer you an opportunity to forge long-lasting
relationships that continue well beyond the conclusion of the program.
By the end of The Forum, you will be able to:
- Explain the value of corporate citizenship to the business as a whole
- Identify the motivation for corporate giving and analyze its role in planning community programs and grants
- Understand the full scope of the corporate citizenship role
- Describe the different components that can make up the corporate citizenship function
- Become familiar with an impact measurement model
Key Learning Points
- Understand the legal aspects of foundation donations and giving domestically and internationally
- Learn how dinners, events, and sponsorship can be strategically positioned in the corporate citizenship function
- Gain insight into the nonprofit budgeting process to better assess the financial strength of your NGO partners
- Learn about the importance of impact measurement on programming decisions
- Learn about the corporate citizenship program of a leading organization
- Explain key components of a corporate citizenship function including matching gifts, federated campaigns, employee volunteerism, cause marketing and branding
Highlighted Learning Activity
Work through a corporate citizenship case study, building a corporate citizenship program from scratch to understand the considerations involved.