October 21-24, 2012
Omaha Area and Accommodations
Omaha is in the center of the
United States and the heart of the Midwest - merging the best in
Midwestern hospitality with the energy of a city on the move. In
Omaha, you can explore and imagine, step into history, experience
art in a whole new way and get a natural high.
Embassy Suites Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
555 South 10th Street | Omaha, Nebraska 68102
Group Hotel Rate: $108 per night
Group Name: ConAgra ACCP Forum
Group Code: NAC
Click here to book your
Please click here to download a PDF with helpful
transportation information regarding this meeting.
Autumn in Omaha is pleasant with a mild climate perfect for
enjoying the fall foliage. It is a fairly dry season, with daytime
temperatures reaching highs of 64°F and lows of 43°F during
October. The wind does tend to pick up during this time of the year
so packing a jacket is recommended.
Fun Facts about Omaha
- ACCP members who call Omaha home include ConAgra Foods, Mutual
of Omaha Foundation, and Union Pacific.
- Omaha serves as the headquarters of five Fortune 500 companies,
including ConAgra Foods and Mutual of Omaha Insurance
- Omaha secured a contract to host the NCAA Men's College World
Series through at least 2035
- The word Omaha means ‘those who go upstream’ or ‘against the
- In 2009, Forbes identified Omaha as the nation's number one
"Best Bang-For-The Buck City" and number one on "America's
Fastest-Recovering Cities" list.
- The diverse culture of Omaha includes a variety of performance
venues, museums, and musical heritage, including the historically
significant jazz scene in North Omaha and the modern and
influential "Omaha Sound.”
- The Lied Jungle located in Omaha is the world's largest indoor
- Nebraska is the birthplace of the Reuben sandwich.
- Check out this Fact Sheet by the Omaha Convention