Justification Letter Template

ACCP has created a justification letter to help you show exactly why Forum is a spectacular use of your time and your company’s resources. Download and customize the letter to meet your needs, adding immediate problems you'll be able to solve and long-term initiatives you'll be able to implement.

Should you need further information on what will be taught at the Forum, please do not hesitate to contact Erica Bader, Director of Education.

Justification Letter
(Microsoft Word Document)

Preparing for Forum

Steps:

1. If you completed the Justification Letter, keep the challenges you identified handy. If you did not complete the letter, think about your current challenges at work and what help you might need.
  2. The week before Forum talk with your manager and colleagues about your absence from the office. Get clear on expectations for your availability. Remind them you’ll be on Pacific Time. The job doesn’t stop while you are away of course, but in order to realize the value of the sessions you must be fully present. 
  3. Print out and bring your challenges and needs with you to Seattle so they can be top of mind as you listen and learn.

Post-Forum Report Template

You've put a lot of time and effort into planning your experience and what you plan to take away from the Forum. How can you convey what you took away to your peers, senior leaders and greater network?

As program designers we understand that what really matters is what you do differently based on what you learned. ACCP has prepared a convenient Post Forum Report Template designed to help you organize and share your Forum insights and action plan. You should plan to complete the report at the end of each day of the Forum or within three days of leaving so that the information is the most fresh.

• Post Contributions Academy Forum Template (in Word)

We'd love for you to send a copy of your completed report to ACCP. Direct emails to Jen Scott.

Bonus: After the Forum, if you're feeling extra ambitious check out the hashtag #accpforum to incorporate some of the buzz into your report. You can also include a section highlighting the professional contacts you made.   

Double Bonus: Have you changed an aspect of what you do because of the Forum? Make a reminder to thank your inspirer a month from now (when you can speak about the impact). Gratitude tastes and sounds great, grows back immediately, and is good for the environment.

Creating an Inspiration Cycle: Email yourself action items or your key takeaways by using a tool like nudgemail to email the list back to yourself in the future. Repeat the inspiration cycle.

"I enjoyed the sessions and overall atmosphere of ACCP’s Forum.  The content was practical and applicable to my experiences in the corporate contributions profession. I learned new material while having existing practices reaffirmed. The social aspect provided a good opportunity for professional growth, which was an added benefit and I now have a group of folks I know I can turn to with questions and insight.”

Maggie Casey, Hasbro

"ACCP’s Forum gave me the chance to network with colleagues while learning valuable CSR tactics and strategies. I walked away with new knowledge to speedily implement what I learned. Knowing that I will most definitely use what I learned is one of the highlights. Overall my time at the Forum was very positive and enriching.”

Andrea Costanzo, PayPal

"I am grateful I had the opportunity to attend. The subject matter, the facilitators, and my colleagues provided an exceptional atmosphere for learning and growth and establishing career long relationships. Furthermore, the content was insightful and informative, and I appreciated the authenticity of the facilitators.”

Glenn Davis, Mass Mutual Financial Group

“Attending an ACCP event is a tremendous experience for corporate contributors at all levels.  It is an eye-opener for attendees who are new to the corporate contributions arena, and a nice way to stay active and informed for the more seasoned professionals.  Everything learned at the conferences adds value one way or another to helping companies achieve their greatest potential in being socially responsible.”

Amy Dupuis, Sanofi, US  

“The Forum provided not only a wealth of information that I hope to utilize in my position, but also wonderful contacts (both in ACCP and other companies) that I hope to build long-term relationships with.  As I team of one, it was a take away from the forum that I did not expect, but now knowing I can reach out to some of those individuals to ask questions or bounce ideas off is phenomenal.”

Katie Fletcher, Norfolk Southern Foundation

“The forum was a great experience and welcomed opportunity to learn about all facets of corporate philanthropy with my fellow peers in a focused setting. The venue, specially arranged networking opportunities, knowledgeable presenters and real life case study were the highlights for me.”

Stephanie Lomibao, Bank of America